Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, December 8, 2023

City City Pops by J-Canuck

 

Looks like KKP AI representative Kayo is having her fun behind the wheel of a sports car. Pretty impressive if you ask me, especially considering that she was born a couple of weeks ago. 

Anyways to make things clear, I wasn't stuttering when I came up with the above title. It's just that I had one of my rare brain waves about putting up a small and incomplete list of City Pop tunes that basically spell out the city. Y'know...it is a city so why not sing about that city?

 (New York City) Junko Yagami -- Purpletown (パープルタウン)You Oughta Know By Now (1980)


(New York City [though I like to think Tokyo]) Minako Yoshida -- TOWN (1982)


(Yokohama/Kobe/Nagasaki) Yasuha -- Fly-Day Chinatown (フライディ・チャイナタウン) (1981)

(Osaka) Masaki Ueda -- Osaka Bay Blues (1982)

(Tokyo) Masayuki Suzuki & Momoko Kikuchi -- Shibuya de Go-ji (渋谷で5時)(1994)


(Nagasaki) Masashi Sada -- Nagasaki-City Serenade (長崎小夜曲)(1982)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.