Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, December 22, 2023

Toshiki Kadomatsu -- Summer Moments

 

I'm looking up Koen Dori in Shibuya, Tokyo, if I'm not mistaken because I see Parco off in the distance. Someday if I ever get back to the megalopolis, I'll have to see whether this part of the Youth Mecca of Japan has also undergone some major redevelopment. 

A couple of articles ago, I posted Marlene's "Summer Nights" onto the blog. It looks like City Pop prince Toshiki Kadomatsu(角松敏生)was even more specific about his hot season since he has a song titled "Summer Moments". The B-side to his first single "Yokohama Twilight Time" released in June 1981, I love that very particular guitar sound and though it's unmistakably Kadomatsu's voice in there, it's intriguing to hear his early vocals. Of course, the bass is still beloved and I get that feeling of West Coast AOR.

"Summer Moments" was also a track on Kadomatsu's first BEST compilation "1981-1987" from October 1993 which hit No. 6 on Oricon. While Kadomatsu took care of words and music, Masaki Matsubara(松原正樹)handled the arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.