Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Kan Sano -- Nodobotoke no Christmas(喉仏のクリスマス)

 

As I was mentioning in my first post tonight, I got to see "Godzilla Minus One" with my friends tonight. Following the surprisingly heartful movie, most of us went out for some dinner at a Turkish restaurant and then one of my friends was very kind in giving two of us, me and D, a lift home. Indeed, he was downright magnanimous since the two of us were on opposite ends of the city. D was the first to be taken home so it would be about an hour in the car for me. Not that I minded at all. It was nice talking up a storm and we hadn't spoken in many months.

The above preamble ramble has a connection with the song of note here, specifically with the official music video below. But first, let's talk about "Nodobotoke no Christmas" (Adam's Apple's Christmas) itself. As I've mentioned in the past, my general rule or guideline is that I usually wait a month at least before I post a song by the same singer or band, and actually, it was just a little over a couple of weeks ago that I first introduced singer-songwriter Kan Sano onto KKP with his jazzy 2019 "My Girl"

Well, I've decided to break my rule by bringing in a song that he only released in the last couple of months because 1) it's a timely Christmas ditty and 2) Sano sounds so good. Yes, I did note his comfy shower loofah vocals in that first article for him. He took care of everything for the unusually-titled but just-as-jazzy and poppy "Nodobotoke no Christmas" which has a guy marvel at how trusting his girlfriend is in a lot of things such as Santa Claus...which is probably why he loves her so much.

Ahhh...that video. Looks like Sano was having as much fun as we three were having in my friend's car tonight, although of course, none of us were in any Santa gear. But may I say that I was getting some mighty "Carpool Karaoke" and "Cash Cab" vibes seeing this? Uber customers in Tokyo would be very happy having him pick them up for a nice roundabout drive in the megalopolis.

2 comments:

  1. 楽しいクリスマスを過ごして
    Have a Merry Christmas and or Season's Greetings from North Japan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best for a Happy Holiday from Canada, Brian!

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.