Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, December 29, 2023

Yutaka Kimura Speaks ~ Japanese City Pop Masterpieces 100: Kazuhiko Kato -- Just a Symphony(ジャスト・ア・シンフォニー)

 


Number: 038

Lyricist: Kazumi Yasui

Composer: Kazuhiko Kato

Arranger: Nick DeCaro

From Kato's 1991 album "Bolero California"

If I were to put all 100 masterpieces into a CD, I'd prefer to have "Just a Symphony" as the final track. Why I say this is "the ending is the beginning". As I listen to the melody which is like a full-bodied wine that has had the essence of all music melted into it, I feel like taking another new musical journey. It would be an absolutely splendid journey together with this song. I would also like to applaud the master chef, Nick DeCaro.

The above comes from "Disc Collection Japanese City Pop Revised" (2020).

3 comments:

  1. Now, this is a very classy swanky song! And the art and computer graphics really fit with the swankiness of the tune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly hoping that folks who have recently gotten into Japanese popular music will discover gems like these.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.