Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Kiyohiko Ozaki -- White Christmas

 

Let's imagine that the live-action Kayo Grace Kyoku is spending some Christmas time in a bar which is obviously well stocked. I don't drink a whole heck of a lot but one of the things that I've always wanted to do is spend a pleasant evening in a classy bar during the Holidays while a jazz trio is performing for the customers.

For the last article of Xmas Eve 2023, I'd like to offer the late great Kiyohiko Ozaki(尾崎紀世彦)as he gives his jazzy and soothing rendition of the classic "White Christmas". I don't know when this footage was originally filmed and I'm not even sure whether Ozaki had even recorded his version of the song on any of his albums in the past, so I'm just placing it as a 2023 number. This would be the "White Christmas" I'd like to hear in that bar.

I'm surprised that I hadn't done it earlier but here is Bing Crosby's original "White Christmas" as he sang it in the 1942 "Holiday Inn". Anyways, wherever you and whatever you are doing, I hope that all of you have a wonderfully Merry Christmas.🎄

Merry Christmas from Kayo, too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    It is nice to see that this blog continues publishing and showing us great and catchy jpop tunes :).

    I have a little christmas gem that I want to share with you, and I would like to know your opinion about it. It is a song featured in a video game OST, known as Twinbee (a popular cute shoot em'up saga in Japan). The vocals are provided by Hekiru Shiina, who was the seiyuu for Pastel, a girl from the female cast of the games.

    What I like the most about the song is the catchy and maybe dance-y arrangement of the tune. It has the typical eurobeat feel which a lot of songs had in the early/mid 90's (the album in which is featured was released in 1998). It is delicious and is a favourite of mine indeed.

    I share with you the link where you can listen it.

    https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/twinbee-paradise-pastel-best-song-pastel-color/13%2520-%2520futari%2520no%2520x%2527mas%2520%2528our%2520x%2527mas%2529.mp3

    Furthermore, the complete album can be listened here:

    https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/twinbee-paradise-pastel-best-song-pastel-color

    Greetings from Spain :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Pocari, and Merry Christmas!

      Thanks very much for letting me know about "Futari no X'mas". It's quite the smashing J-Xmas tune and it sounds perfect for a Tokyo-based Christmas song. It's just too bad that I can't seem to find any evidence of it on YouTube.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.