Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, December 24, 2023

The Keys -- The Land of Celebration

 

Happy Christmas Eve! Yup, I'm getting into the final touches before the annual family Xmas get-together tomorrow, but of course, I have to do my usual duty and provide some more J-Christmas tunes here on "Kayo Kyoku Plus".

Thanks to Scott's "Holly Jolly X'masu" podcast, I have here a song from the 2010 compilation "We Wish You a Merry" that he spotlighted back in the fall of 2022. The Keys' "The Land of Celebration" is a happy jangly pop tune that reminds me of some of the sunny side pop of the late 1960s and according to Scott, the lyrics talk of a guy who meets up with a lady during a snowy Yuletide every year with the promise of showing up the next day for a further development in their relationship, only for him to pull a no-show due to short-term memory issues. It sounds like an old Adam Sandler movie, and how the woman puts up with getting ditched annually is beyond me. But the music is fun and should get folks in a good mood.

I could find absolutely nothing on The Keys online, and all that I know has been from Scott's narration from a little after the 23-minute mark on the podcast. So I urge to you to have a listen. The band apparently didn't last all that long after their beginnings in the mid-2000s although all three members are still in the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.