Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Megumi Nakajima -- Hello!


In my collection of anison, I've got Megumi Nakajima's(中島愛)concert version of "Hello!" alongside her cool and urban "TRY UNITE!", the opening theme for "Rinne no LaGrange"(輪廻.のラグランジェ). I didn't realize that "Hello!" was the actual coupling song to that opening theme and that it was even the first ending theme for that particular anime. I should have read the J-Wiki article a bit more closely.


In any case, I also enjoyed listening to the super cheerful "Hello!" which would represent the ideal English conversation student to me...bright and friendly and willing to speak the language. Katsutoshi Kitagawa(北川勝利)of the group Round Table wrote and composed this song which came out with Nakajima's 6th single "TRY UNITE!" in February 2012 (which peaked at No. 11 on Oricon), and I think there are some melodic similarities to some of the stuff that really genki singer-songwriter Kohmi Hirose(広瀬香美)put out a couple of decades earlier. From the reaction at the concert, I get the impression that "Hello!" will always be a crowd pleaser.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.