Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

UA -- Horizon


Long time, no see UA! I gather that it's been about 3 years since I put up a song by her, so time to rectify that absence.


Somewhere deep in my collection of DVDs, there is one which contains a lot of her music videos in the 1990s and early 2000s, so I remember catching her very first one for her debut single "Horizon" released in June 1995.

I was a bit surprised that "Horizon" didn't register in the Oricon charts at all after its release although admittedly in comparison, UA wasn't quite as polished here as she would be in later singles. However, her vocals and the melody by Hiroshi Fujiwara (藤原ヒロシ) showed a lot of promise in terms of the indie-ish pop/funk that I'm hearing here (UA provided the lyrics). It would be another few years before I finally bought her first full album "11" after seeing her otherworldly beauty on a number of other discs often on the shelves at Tower Records.

"Horizon" was also a track on her first mini-album "Petit" which came out in October 1995.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.