Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Kahoru Kohiruimaki -- Like A Factory


Looks like I won't really ever need to do an article on Kahoru Kohiruimaki's(小比類巻かほる)7th album "Distance" from October 1990 since I've covered almost half the album already through "Moving Action", "Twilight Avenue" and "Crazy Lover". Today, I get to do the oddly-titled "Like A Factory".


I gotta say that Kohhy has hardly aged since her debut in the mid-1980s which would put her in the same enviable category as Mariya Takeuchi(竹内まりや). Sometimes I wonder if there is an ominous picture of Dorian Gray hidden in her home somewhere.

Anyways back to the song. "Like A Factory" was also her 15th single from November 1990 as well as a track on my favourite Kohhy album. When I first saw the title, I kinda thought that this song must have been about the most joyous manufacturing depot on the planet, but of course it was actually about the singer's metaphor for bringing all these different parts in life together to create the wondrous whole that is love. In any case, it's a fusion tune with some gospel overtones and a nice kick of horns to bring some happiness into people's lives.


"Like A Factory" was written by Kohiruimaki and composed by her and the late Yoshiaki Ohuchi(大内義昭).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.