Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Kengo Kurozumi -- Lusia


Just finished prepping for my student's regular lesson this weekend, so I'm getting at the blog a little later than usual. Therefore, I'm going for something relaxing tonight for starters.

Why not go for some Kengo Kurozumi(黒住憲五)AOR? I found this B-side to his 1982 single "My Sweet Lady" titled "Lusia" which evokes plenty of hammock swaying and blue sky and refreshing cocktails. With music by Kurozumi, lyrics by Naoko Nishio(西尾尚子)and arrangement by Masaki Matsubara(松原正樹), there's something rather familiar with some of that arrangement during the refrain...maybe a bit of Anzen Chitai(安全地帯)? But I also detected some hint of an American AOR ballad from long ago, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.