Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, December 2, 2022

Junko Yagami -- Tightrope(タイトロープ)

Well, "Kayo Kyoku Plus" pulled it off for the first time last year and we've pulled it off again this year. Moreover, we most likely did it even earlier than scheduled. So, without further ado, KKP gives you 2022's Article No.

Many thanks to all of the contributors and viewers who helped out and encouraged everyone all this year. Now, let's see if KKP can beat last year's record of 1,046 in terms of total number of articles written.

And what great timing as well because it is Urban Contemporary Friday on the blog. I've got just the singer and the song. Junko Yagami(八神純子), as you know, has been one of my favourites and therefore has been a long resident on KKP. The most wonderful thing for this article is that I didn't even know about this song because I never got her 30th single "Teardrops" which was released in December 1993.

I'm talking about the coupling song, though. "Tightrope" is another delightful discovery with some great 90s beats and an overall City Pop essence of that decade. I had assumed that once Yagami reached the final decade of the 20th century, she was done with the R&B and City Pop, going for a more World Music sound. Glad I was wrong there since "Tightrope" is one catchy nocturnal tune that's cool enough to be a theme for some thriller series. I especially like that synth-trumpet rumbling away. Also, my compliments go to whoever came up with the video; it's good enough to be an end credit sequence.

"Tightrope" also became a track on Yagami's November 1994 album "Renaissance". Yagami came up with the cool melody while Yuuho Iwasato(岩里祐穂)provided the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.