Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, December 19, 2022

Seikou Nagaoka -- The Limelight of Love feat. Eri Ohno

From whatdreamsmean.com
 
Uh, nope. 1047 doesn't refer to the year when William the Conqueror invaded England. That was actually 1066, and for some reason, although I can't really say that I was ever a whiz at history, that particular year has stuck in my head for decades. Getting back on topic, 1047 is actually a number...specifically, the number of articles that we now have on "Kayo Kyoku Plus" for 2022. Therefore, we have broken the record of 2021's 1046 articles.


Thank you, Tadano-kun!

Well, onwards and upwards, I say. Let's see how many more articles we can squeeze into the blog before the end of 2022.


Not to say that I'm a natural at parties, but perhaps we can use Article No. 1047 to place a celebratory song or at least, something that would have folks on the dance floor for a bit of swaying. I do admit though that Monday night isn't exactly party night during the week.

Regardless, I'm plucking out another track from Seikou Nagaoka's(長岡成貢)"Romantic Gold" album from 2009, "The Limelight of Love". I was reminded of the composer, arranger and producer after doing yesterday's KinKi Kids article in which Nagaoka had arranged the Domoto Boys' "Cinderella Christmas", so heck, here we are.

"Eternal Love" and "Dancing Until Dawn" are two other tracks that I've already written about from "Romantic Gold". This time, though, we have "The Limelight of Love" featuring jazz singer Eri Ohno(大野えり). As I've mentioned before, although Ohno is from the jazz world, she has done her fair share of City Pop and R&B music over the years, too. It might be a tad too expensive and classy for someone of my ilk to get into the Tokyo nightclubs where Nagaoka's club-friendly stuff is playing, but at least, I can enjoy the beat in my own home via releases such as this album. Just as long as no one is peeking into my room.😇

Anyways, happy 1047!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.