Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Gosanke: Techno Gosanke(テクノ御三家)

From Twitter
 
The whole thing about starting this Gosanke(御三家...The Big Three) file in the first place was on finding out about the Techno Gosanke as I was about to write an article on the technopop band Hikashu(ヒカシュー)for the first time back in October. Seeing how I already knew about the original Gosanke and the Shin-Gosanke and then discovering that there was a Techno Gosanke, I was inspired to find out whether there were other media-inspired gosanke trios for easy identification.

As I mentioned in Hikashu's "Atarashii Buzoku"(新しい部族), the Techno Gosanke included the three bands Hikashu, P-Model and The Plastics(プラスチックス). Why Yellow Magic Orchestra hadn't been included remains a mystery to me (although perhaps they were seen as being too big to belong in any conglomeration), but the fact that I could identify those other three bands easily now is fine to me. In any case, whereas The Plastics got their start as a band in 1976, P-Model and The Plastics debuted in 1979, so I will go with that year as a source year. Though the media may have coined the label of the Techno Gosanke for them, I don't think that the name was ever used in any promotions for them to show up together on TV shows and the like.

Plastics -- Top Secret Man


P-Model -- Art Mania


Hikashu -- Atarashii Buzoku(新しい部族)


1 comment:

  1. I recommend: Marek Biliński - Escape from the tropics (Poland, 1983)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.