Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, December 26, 2022

Kei Ishiguro -- Find Me

From ebay

Yes, I gather that I am being a little cute with the above thumbnail considering the title of this article's song. Anyways, first off, I hope that folks are slowly digesting the Christmas turkey, stuffing and all of the other foodstuffs from last night. It was surprisingly busy at the nearby shopping mall today but I was able to pick up the paper and a box of Laura Secord chocolate-covered cherries for end-of-year noshing. Glad to have you drop by today on Boxing Day.

I just wanted to start off the final week of 2022 with a City Pop number by actress/singer Kei Ishiguro(石黒ケイ), although she's going by Kay Ishiguro for her 1982 album "Yokohama Ragtime". It's a concept LP all focused on the famous international sea port and according to Discogs, it has its share of jazz and pop music.

However, I have to say that "Find Me" kinda fulfills that City Pop categorization, too. This is rather notable considering that my past articles on the singer have categorized her songs as either jazz or straight pop. Written and composed by Ishiguro, the feeling is that the protagonist has holed herself up in some dark and deep watering hole in Yokohama, not particularly wanting to be found, although some of the arrangement lifts the song into some form of hope. But definitely no complaints are to be found on my part; "Find Me" does have that coolness factor thanks to the piano and the chord changes. Plus, I really like the cover art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.