Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, February 2, 2024

Kozo Mori and Moonriders -- Dance, Dance, Dance(ダンス・ダンス・ダンス)

From Dessinee Shop

I kinda felt like saying to the lady on the cover there something to the effect of "Uh, Miss, did you forget to wear something this morning? Awfully chilly today". Anyways, this is the cover for an album titled "Guuzen no Deai"(偶然の出逢い...Chance Encounter) which was released sometime in 1979 and is a release by a singer named Kozo Mori(もりこうぞう). To be frank, at this point, that's really all I have about this fellow. Even the person behind the description of "Guuzen no Deai" at the website Dessinee Shop isn't even sure whether the singer is male or female. I'm pretty sure that it's a high-toned guy, though.

Just for the record, the photo was taken by the famous photographer Kishin Shinoyama(篠山紀信)who passed away late last year. But I want to turn you over to one of the tracks on "Guuzen no Deai", "Dance, Dance, Dance" by the mysterious Mori and the famous band Moonriders(ムーンライダーズ). The guy at Dessinee Shop and I agree that the song is pleasantly rollicking, pulling in bits from rock, New Music and City Pop and I wouldn't mind hearing this in a car bombing down the highway...heading to a destination with a lot of surf and margaritas. Try as I could though, I couldn't find out who wrote and composed the happy-go-lucky "Dance, Dance, Dance"; there is an image of the liner sheet for the album but I couldn't magnify it enough to read the pertinent information behind who had made the song.

By chance, if anyone out there knows who Mori is, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure MORI KOZO is a guy. He's collaborated with the BAKELITE BLUES BAN,ベークライト・ブルース・バンド . And, I think you can see his photo on two of their albums. I can't find much info on him but around the same time there was a baseball player with the same name.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.