Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, February 2, 2024

Yuuichi Ikuzawa/Laura Branigan -- Hot Night

 

I did see that recent trailer for "Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire" the other day and I've gotten some interest for the latest in the franchise. To be honest, I wasn't enthused enough about the previous movie "Afterlife" to see that one, but now that the Ghostbusters are heading back to New York City, the original crew and the new crew are joining forces, and even Slimer is making an appearance, well, perhaps I can be enticed back to the big screen although I will miss Harold Ramis as Egon.

As a bit of show and tell, I did eventually pick up the soundtrack for the original 1984 movie from which a few of the tracks did get their exposure in the movie such as the main theme by Ray Parker Jr., of course and "Savin' the Day" by the Alessi Brothers. However, I don't recall hearing "Hot Night" by Laura Branigan (I miss her, too) which is too bad because I think it would been a good accompaniment to some of the action scenes in the movie.

The song penned by Diane Warren and Steve Angelica did get its cover version in Japan via Yuuichi Ikuzawa's(生沢佑一)take which was released as a single in November 1984, about half a year after "Ghostbusters" had been released in theatres. Thanks to a successful search of the original record via Yahoo Images, I was able to glean that Yoshiko Miura(三浦徳子)was responsible for the Japanese lyrics. With a similar vroom vroom adrenaline charge in the arrangement, Ikuzawa does such a good job with his version that I'd thought that "Hot Night" was naturally his and his alone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I do love some the 1980's movie sound tracks! And this post of yours has brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.