Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Emi Wakui -- Mirai kara no Tegami(未来からの手紙)


To be honest, I wasn't expecting to discover another Emi Wakui(和久井映見)song that I would like but I was happily proven wrong. After all, I've always seen Wakui far more as an actress than I ever saw her as a singer.


I can't really go into the nitty-gritty of why I think so, but her "Mirai kara no Tegami" (A Letter from the Future) just sounds so early 90s J-Pop. Maybe it's the way that the arrangement of the song sounds somewhat ZARD-ish. In any case, the down-to-earth pop by Hirokazu Ogura(小倉博和)is quite appealing to me. The lyrics by Rui Serizawa(芹沢類)talk about that final goodbye between a woman and a man going on their separate paths.

The song is on Wakui's 4th original album "Dareka ga Anata ni Kissu Shiteru"(だれかがあなたにキスしてる...Someone is Kissing You)which came out in November 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.