Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

All-Points Bulletin: Name This Tune


I have another mystery song for us to find a singer and a title. Received a message on the Contact Form and the sender was asking about the following tune.


I've listened to the long excerpt a couple of times but haven't been able to identify it so I'm putting it out there to the "Kayo Kyoku Plus" masses. It definitely sounds City Pop and the tone seems rather 1970s. As for the singer, I'm guessing it could be Kimiko Kasai(笠井紀美子)or Hitomi Tohyama(遠山ひとみ)with me leaning more towards Kasai since she debuted in the 1970s.

Anyways, if any of you can name this tune, let me know.

January 14 2020: I've got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that picosong.com has gone kaput, but the good news is that the sender, Misha, was finally able to find the mystery song on his own. It's Chikara Ueda & The Power Station's "Twilight Shadows" from 1981. I'll have to talk about this one soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.