Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Ichiro Nitta -- O-mezame Aerobics(おめざめエアロビクス)


Was feeling unusually sleepy tonight...didn't think that chicken had that much of a drowsiness effect. In any case, I was getting tired of getting tired in front of the TV so I decided to search for something to do for the blog that would have me feeling a little more energized. And happily, I did find the cure.


Dang, somebody should have told former trumpeter of Spectrum, Ichiro Nitta(新田一郎), that disco had been dead for quite a few years already. No, I really don't think that way at all. I'm happy that he kept the good times of the 1970s in hand even in November 1983 when he composed this track for his third album "Kotobuki".

"O-mezame Aerobics" (Wake-Up Aerobics) did what it promised in the title. My eyes were sparkling and my ears were singing with that intro. Memories of Cheryl Lynn's "Got to be Real" floated through my head as "O-mezame Aerobics" thoroughly woke me up; worked better than a cup of straight black Blue Mountain. Not sure if Nitta had actually meant this as accompanying music for an aerobics class, but I think it would get those folks in the gym up and running. Kazuko Kobayashi(小林和子)wrote the lyrics, and she and Nitta also provided words and music in my first entry on the singer-musician, "Ryuusei City"(流星City).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.