Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, July 1, 2019

Inotomo -- Calpis(カルピス)


I wouldn't mind having a sip of the drink right now. It was always so easy in Japan to get a Calpis whether it was in a PET bottle from the nearest conbini or a can from a vending machine. Nowadays in Toronto, though, it's one of those drinks that I can get perhaps once or twice a year and at a fairly hefty price.


Well, there is always a trade off. I get great Greek food here but only went to a Greek restaurant just once in Tokyo in my 17 years there, and I wasn't too impressed. I do enjoy my souvlaki and flaming saganaki!

Before I get further away from the topic, allow me to introduce the very relaxing "Calpis" by Fukuoka-born singer-songwriter Inotomo(イノトモ), aka Tomoko Inoue(井上ともこ). This "Calpis" from her 4th album "Nanairo"(七色...Seven Colours)in May 2003 is worthy of several sips from a tall cool glass of the famous Japanese yogurty drink, preferably in a hammock. The song even has a bit of bossa nova in there, too.

Inotomo came to Tokyo as an 18-year-old and after learning about acoustics, she initially started work as a sound designer for a theatre troupe before making the switch to a musician. She made her debut in 1998 and has released 10 singles and 12 albums including a BEST compilation and a live release. Inotomo has also created many jingles for commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.