Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Keizo Nakanishi -- Eien no Namae (永遠の名前)


I haven't heard much from songsmith Keizo Nakanishi(中西圭三)although I have heard that he's still out there performing. However, I think his best days were in the 1990s and so I'm happy that I've got what I think is his best work with his 4th album "Starting Over" from March 1994 which I had a chance to write about back in 2013.



One of the tracks from "Starting Over" that I didn't get to talk about at that time was "Eien no Namae" (Eternal Name). It's not particularly a ballad nor is it a really uptempo tune; it's just a simple mid-tempo love song. But although it probably won't go down as one of the most notable examples of Nakanishi's discography, his vocals and the calming arrangement by Shingo Kobayashi(小林信吾)still make it a very pleasant song to listen to.

Kanata Asamizu(朝水彼方)provided the lyrics while Nakanishi came up with the music which has that feeling of springtime...something that a lot of us here are still waiting for although the season has officially been here for almost a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.