Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, August 20, 2018

Miyuki Yokoyama -- Kirisame no Rouge(霧雨ルージュ)


I had bookmarked this song for some months but I've only finally gotten to it tonight. There's been quite a backlog that I've got to get through.

Miyuki Yokoyama(横山みゆき)was a singer that I had first gotten to know through her debut single,"Shuushifu"(秋止符)which was created by the folk duo Alice(アリス)in 1979. I was entranced enough by the song that I wanted to find out a little more of her discography and then encountered this track called "Kirisame no Rouge" (Rouge in the Light Rain) from her 1980 album "Yokoyama Miyuki Second"(横山みゆきセカンド).

As much as I love the funky beats of City Pop, I also have spared a soft spot for the light ennui-laden music of Fashion Pop. "Kirisame no Rouge" has that certain dramatic Fashion Pop sensibility with a small infusion of the exotic kayo that was also fairly popular in the late 1970s. I have also noticed that Yokoyama's delivery is somewhat similar to that of Ami Ozaki(尾崎亜美). I couldn't find out who wrote and composed this song but it's possible that it could have been Ozaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.