Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Lindberg -- Dream On Dakishimete (Dream On 抱きしめて)

(cover version)

Considering my writing record when it comes to the band Lindberg, I guess this will be my annual entry for the band. Nope, I cannot say that I am a die-hard fan of Maki Watase(渡瀬マキ)and her group but I have enjoyed some of their singles when they have come out. My memory was recently jogged when I heard their 4th single again, "Dream On Dakishimete" (Dream On Hold Me).

Coming out in September 1990, I know it mostly for the refrain when Watase yells out the title. It used to pop up a lot when "MTV Japan" did its weekly rankings and it was also one of the many songs used to promote the winter sports gear store, Alpen, back in the early 90s. Written by Fubuki (?) Asano(朝野深雪)and composed by Lindberg guitarist Tatsuya Hirakawa(平川達也), "Dream On Dakishimete" got as high as No. 2 on Oricon.

It's kinda too bad that there is currently no sign of the actual song or a concert performance online aside from the commercial jingle in the below Aspen series (Lindberg's entry comes in at about 2:00). Always nice to see Watase bopping about.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.