Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Kana Asumi, Miyu Matsuki and Yuka Otsubo -- Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos (太陽曰く燃えよカオス)



I never saw a single episode of the 2012 anime "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" (Nyaruko: Crawling With Love) although gathering from the excerpts I've seen on YouTube, it's one of those zany supernatural comedies.

However, as with a number of anime that I've never viewed, the theme song for "Haiyore!" has been able to burrow into my brain. Yep, it's another anime earworm. Three of the seiyuu from the show, Kana Asumi(阿澄佳奈), Miyu Matsuki(松来未祐)and Yuka Otsubo(大坪由佳), collaborated on the incredibly catchy "Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos" (The Sun Says "Burn, Chaos") under the group name of Ushiro Kara Haiyori-tai G(後ろから這いより隊G).


I was able to get the theme song from my anime buddy, and whenever I start falling asleep in the afternoon (especially in the summer) through a round of translations, I just fire up "Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos" for that hit of adrenalin. It works remarkably well, especially when the ladies bleat out "Unh, nyah!" in the intro and the melody goes into rumbly overdrive.

My compliments have to go to prolific lyricist Aki Hata(畑亜貴)and composer Hidekazu Tanaka(田中秀和)for providing this song which won at least a couple of prizes including the Theme Song Prize at the 17th Animation Kobe Awards. As well, it hit No. 7 on Oricon. Strangely enough, Tanaka was inspired by "Dschingis Khan" performed by the German band of the same name which could make "Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos" a spiritual cousin to Morning Musume's(モーニング娘。)"Koi no Dance Site"(恋のダンスサイト). Ah, the things I learn... In any case, I do love my earworms.

November 2 2015: I have to sadly announce that Miyu Matsuki passed away last week at the age of 38 due to illness. Way too young.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.