Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sayuri Kokusho -- Summer Blue

(2:03:37)

Back on Thursday night, I wrote an article about Bread & Butter's relaxing song "Summer Blue" as I was commenting on the fine summer weather for getting together with a few buds for some brewskis at the outdoor section of the bar. Well, I didn't exactly do that today but I did enjoy catching the latest in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's franchise "Ant-Man" today with a good friend, sipped some Iced Chocolates at the nearby café before his wife arrived from work so that all of us could have a delicious Italian dinner.

Strangely enough, I came across another "Summer Blue". This was sung by late 80s aidoru Sayuri Kokusho(国生さゆり)for her 1988 4th album, "Summer Snow", and instead of the laid-back vibe enjoyed by a couple of older folk for B&B's "Summer Blue", Kokusho's namesake song has that young spirited feeling of running along the beach. After listening to it a couple of times, I think it's a notch up on the usual aidoru song with the Latin-tinged synths sounding like something that I would have associated with an early Miki Imai(今井美樹)contribution. Kokusho's high-pitched vocals kept it in the aidoru arena for me. Kudos to writer Yuriko Mori(森由里子)and composer Minoru Komorita(小森田実).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.