Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, January 18, 2019

Kanako Wada -- Party Town ~WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU~


Wow! Time indeed does fly fast. It's been almost a year since I put up my last Kanako Wada(和田加奈子)article, so allow me to compensate.


Found this one called "Party Town ~WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU~" from her 4th album "KANA" (1987) which also contains the track "C. Claudel no Tsumi" (C. クローデルの罪)that I talked about some time ago. Not quite sure whether this one written by Wada and composed by Scott Cutler, Jeff Hull & Bunny Hull would fall into the R&B genre exclusively or Eurobeat, but heck, it's a Friday. I'm feeling generous.

It's a mellow but uptempo track by Wada whose arrangement by Yuji Toriyama(鳥山雄司)is nostalgic and refreshing at the same time. It's been a while since I've heard this sort of pop song. And there's a part that sounds oddly familiar to Rick Astley's "Take Me To Your Heart" (which might explain that happy feeling of Eurobeat), but that single wouldn't come out until November 1988. In any case, it's delightful to see Ms. Wada back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.