Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Mitsuko Komuro -- Koi no Dancin'(恋のダンシン)


Hard to believe, but it's been a little over a week since I put up a City Pop number. I was trying to tamp things down when it came to my favourite kayo genre since I had thought that I was going a little overboard. However, maybe it's time for the pendulum to swing back again.

(10:44)

Luckily enough, I found this light and mellow contribution by singer-songwriter Mitsuko Komuro(小室みつ子), "Koi no Dancin'" (Love Dancin'). This is a track from her 3rd album "Mishiranu Koibito"(見知らぬ恋人...Unknown Lovers) from February 1983 and shares vinyl with "Highway Rendezvous"(ハイウェー ランデブー).

I don't know 100% who was behind "Koi no Dancin'", but realizing Komuro's job designation, it wouldn't surprise me if Komuro herself was the one behind the creation of this City Pop tune that sounds as if it belongs to the midnight bar setting with some tipsy dancing on the open floor. Komuro's high-toned vocals remind me of the music by fellow urban contemporary chanteuses Yurie Kokubu(国分友里恵)and Tomoko Aran(亜蘭知子).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.