Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Ritsuko Okazaki -- Morning Grace

First off, let me get this out of the way...


Indeed, I hope that wherever you are, you are celebrating your Happy New Year. For the Japanese, I can assume that most of you will be getting the rest of the week off, but for us here in Canada, it's back to work as of tomorrow. Still for me, I don't think things will get too nutty in the first few days of 2019 (knocking on wood). I did have my special o-zoni for breakfast.


Last night by happenstance, I came across this rather charming anison by the late singer-songwriter Ritsuko Okazaki(岡崎律子)titled "Morning Grace". It was used as the opening theme for the 2002 anime "Princess Tutu"(プリンセスチュチュ), and the breathy delivery and those strings got me right in the heart. It's almost as if Okazaki was singing an entire balletic performance with the feeling of a romantic waltz. And I think she even sprinkled in a bit of Tchaikovsky (correct me, if I'm wrong).


The above is the Cantonese version of "Morning Grace" with the original opening credits. Getting back into work, this song wouldn't be a bad thing to listen to as I ease in back into the swing of things.

Saying that, I did hear about the nutjob who rammed his car through Takeshita Street in Tokyo last night during the New Year's festivities. So far, it's been several people injured and I hope it doesn't worse than that although I know that at least one victim may be looking at a long convalescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.