Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 29, 2021

Kirinji -- Juu-Yo-ji Sugi no Kagerou(十四時過ぎのカゲロウ)

 


I was going to call it a night tonight especially after plowing through my previous article but then I heard the following song.


And you know what? All was right with the nocturnal world again and I got my spiritual version of Red Bull. Yes, indeed...Kirinji(キリンジ)has once again nourished my ears and soul with one lovely song titled "Juu-Yo-ji Sugi no Kagerou" (Ephemerality Past 1400 Hours) which was their 14th single from July 2004.

I've often stated that certain songs are great for driving or taking an airplane. "Juu-Yo-ji Sugi no Kagerou" is one of those songs that can be perfect for any vehicle cruising at a good clip. It's a brisk yet soothing song written and composed by the Kirinji brothers, Takaki and Yasuyuki Horigome(堀込高樹・堀込泰行), which has a fellow leaving his usually mundane world by stripping off and taking a dive into the pool and enjoying aquatic ecstacy. Well, the young lady that he notices isn't a bad sight either, apparently. The song reminds me of some of the tunes that I've heard from Santana and Jose Feliciano especially with that strumming Latin guitar.

Good times...and I'm not even a decent swimmer. Anyways, "Juu-Yo-ji Sugi no Kagerou" got as high as No. 44 on Oricon. Not certain whether the song has made it onto one of Kirinji's original albums.


Yes, Virginia, there is a music video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.