Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 15, 2021

Yoshimi Iwasaki -- Snow Lie

 

I finally got to have my first breakfast in a diner in about 20 months. It wasn't the highest quality of food there but heck I was just happy to have sausages again. Bacon is fine but I do have it every Sunday, so I appreciate another form of pork now and then.

Anyways, it's been a couple of years since I put up a Yoshimi Iwasaki(岩崎良美)song so here is "Snow Lie" from her November 1986 mini-album "Blizzard". I do like the song especially with the groove established right from the get-go but then as the melody progressed, I was wondering whether this was truly a City Pop tune. But on hearing the genres flit about flirtatiously all throughout "Snow Lie", I just said the "heck with it" and have placed it as a City Pop and a Pop number. 

Lyrics are by Keiko Aso(麻生圭子)and the music/arrangement are by Satoshi Takebe(武部聡志). I couldn't quite get what "Snow Lie" is all about, but I can take it as some sort of romantic betrayal on the ski slopes. I did catch that "living together" lyric so perhaps the couple in question was already "living in sin" by the time the fall came.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.