Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Shigeru Suzuki -- On The Coast




My friends and I waited about 20 minutes outside in some below-zero weather with a stiff wind to get our bowls of ramen today. It was indeed worth it.

I gather that as a counter-response to my early wintry experience this morning, my mind went to this summery number by guitarist-composer Shigeru Suzuki(鈴木茂), "On The Coast". A track from his 6th album "White Heat" from 1979, it's loaded with some musical talent including Suzuki on the guitar. There is Akiko Yano(矢野顕子)on keyboards which provide this scintillating sound at points reminiscent of falling water or pouring Perrier, Tsugutoshi Goto(後藤次利)on bass, and Yukihiro Takahashi(高橋幸宏)on drums. Plus, I'm assuming that it is Suzuki providing half of the vocals with Sarita Escobar(サリータ・エスコバール)which I hope is the proper spelling since I'm just going from the katakana.

Refreshing as that aforementioned Perrier, "On The Coast" is that cordial musical invitation to lying down on the beach as a happy couple and catching some rays. For a bit more of the man's solo stuff, you can also listen to his "Lady Pink Panther".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.