Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, February 4, 2019

Ruiko Kurahashi -- Star


You know the saying "That was one spicy meatball!"? Well, it looks like I had one spicy chicken wing for dinner tonight which was kinda giving my gastrointestinal tract some unnecessary conniptions. Thankfully, a good amount of water and some aspirin have helped me out. Let's hope it stays that way lest I stay most of the night in another more porcelain-filled room in my home.


As such, I will also go a bit light on the music tonight and go with something soothing such as my beloved Ruiko Kurahashi(倉橋ルイ子). She's always been the one for some of that relaxing pop from the 1980s. For example, this is "Star" from her October 1984 album "RUIKO". It's perfectly Ruiko from her soft vocals to the creamy & mellow arrangement. Y'know...I wouldn't mind witnessing another concert by her although I think the chances of that happening are probably remote at best now. So I'm grateful that I was able to catch that one nightclub performance by her during that rainy Friday night in Aoyama over a decade ago.

"Star" was written by Fumiko Okada(岡田冨美子)and composed by Kazuya Amikura(網倉和也)with arrangement by keyboardist/songwriter Motoko Funayama(船山基紀).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.