Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, December 21, 2018

Hyadain -- Hyadain no Kakakata Kataomoi-C(ヒャダインのカカカタ☆カタオモイ-C)


I've mentioned about this anime in other articles not directly related to it, but this is the first time that "Nichijou"(日常...My Ordinary Life)will be getting its due in terms of its theme songs. It's perhaps the earliest example of the zany school-based comedy anime that I've come across although I've only gotten my fill via the good folks at YouTube. One of the more hilarious yet epic scenes which I've watched is the  titanic "Principal vs. Deer" battle. As one YouTube commenter stated, there were scenes in "Attack on Titan" that were less brutal than this. Plus, I have to give my kudos to the guy behind the background music for the series, Yuji Nomi(野見祐二).


The opening credits for "Nichijou" were also quite epic in their own way and were more than happy to show off what was to come in each of those episodes broadcast in 2011. The theme song as well was something that I found to have as much energy as a superball in a confined room.


The first opening theme for "Nichijou" was "Hyadain no Kakakata Kataomoi-C" (Hyadain's O-O-O-One-sided Love-C) by Hyadain(ヒャダイン)himself, aka singer-songwriter Kenichi Maeyamada(前山田健一). Now, I've also mentioned one of his other creations under his stage name, the bitterly humourous Xmas tune "Christmas? Nani Sore? Oishii no?"(クリスマス?なにそれ?美味しいの?).

"Hyadain no Kakakata Kataomoi-C", his impressions of having that first crush, was also his debut single released in April 2011. A lot of earworm fun in this one with that synthesizer, the voices and the varying tempo. Also, the video has plenty of amped-up zaniness and colour in there. I had first assumed that it was a duet between the stripe-suited Hyadain and the young lady who I found out was actress/singer Natsuko Aso(麻生夏子). However, it turns out the female part, nicknamed Hyadaruko(ヒャダル子), was also sung by Hyadain whose voice was pitched higher through technology as Aso gamely mouthed the lyrics in the video.

The song peaked at No. 12 on Oricon and was also placed in Hyadain's sole album so far, "20112012" from November 2012. That one reached No. 24 on the album charts.



One other track on the album is "Hyadain to Nomiya Maki no Kakakata Kataomoi-F"(ヒャダインと野宮真貴のカカカタ☆カタオモイ-F...Hyadain and Maki Nomiya's O-O-O-One-sided Love-F)which is the same song in a slightly lower register, and this time Hyadaruko is played by Maki Nomiya, formerly of Pizzicato Five. So I guess the duet did come to pass.


As a postscript, I gotta say that the original music video with Hyadain's head replaced with a box representing both him and Hyadaruko reminded me of the video of Thomas Dolby's "Hyperactive". I also have to point out that the whole aura around "Nichijou" is hyperactive in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.