Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Mamoru Miyano -- Boku wa Hero(ぼくはヒーロー)

 

Yes, indeed. Just wrote about one legendary seiyuu, Kotono Mitsuishi(三石琴乃), and I'm now going onto another seiyuu who's probably headed the same way (much of it under his own admission). I am talking about the one and only Mamoru Miyano(宮野真守).

Of course, for all those "Zombieland Saga" fans, both Mitsuishi and Miyano were working together on that project with the latter being the half-wise, half-insane Kotaro Tatsumi, the wild but enigmatic manager of Franchouchou.

I can't say that I have seen Miyano's work comprehensively although he's been in show business since 1990, but I have seen plenty of him on YouTube at those anime live events, and I find him to be one of the funniest celebrities out there. His gangly hilarity reminds me of Jim Carrey, and the fact that his microphone arbitrarily went to a certain angle above gave him incredible fodder to bring the house down including his fellow voice actors. He's got some pretty mad improvisation skills.

What I've also heard and read is that Miyano is well experienced as a musical actor and an anison singer, and it was one night when I was watching NHK's "Minna no Uta"(みんなのうた)series that he came up to sing "Boku wa Hero" (I'm a Hero). Unfortunately, the original video from the show with a kid pretending to be a cape-garbed superhero can't be found on YouTube, but at least I could find the recording of the song. It's got that hypercaffeinated marching beat and Miyano's trademark over-the-top delivery. Tomomi Narimoto(成本智美)and Keiichi Kondo(近藤圭一)were responsible for words and music respectively for "Boku wa Hero" which got its time on "Minna no Uta" during February and March 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.