Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, August 3, 2026

Mitsuko Nakamura -- Jinsei Banzai(人生万歳)

 

I was watching "Shin BS Nihon no Uta"(新BS日本の歌)last night when I saw the ever-beaming enka veteran Mitsuko Nakamura(中村美津子)appear on stage to perform a song that I'd initially assumed was one of her oldies. As it turned out, it was her latest (her 73rd) single from May this year.

"Jinsei Banzai" (Here's to Life) was released to commemorate Nakamura's 40th year in the music industry and I'm pretty sure when it comes to the annual Kohaku Utagassen, her name will probably be in the Red team lineup. Written by Kyosuke Kuni(久仁京介)and composed by Koji Tokuhisa(徳久広司), it's a very genki song showing off her satisfaction and gratitude to everyone over the past four decades. The enka is in there of course, but I could hear a rumbling rhythm reminiscent of a 50s Latin-tinged number

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.