![]() |
| By Muke Tever from Wikimedia Commons |
A little over a year ago, I put up "The First Day of Summer!", an Author's Picks consisting of all of those summery tunes with the explanation point being that all of the song titles contained the word "summer". Well, I figured that I would go for another similar posting but I've relaxed the rules slightly by also allowing the Japanese term for summer, "natsu". So, without further ado then, get into that hammock and pull up a citrus-y cocktail.
(1979) The Milky Way -- Kagirinaki Natsu(限りなきの夏)
(1982) Junko Yagami -- Summer In Summer ~ Omoide wa Suhada ni Yaite(サマー イン サマー 〜想い出は素肌に焼いて〜)
(1983) Yoshinori Monta with Junko Ohashi -- Natsu Onna Sonia(夏女ソニア)
(1984) Yukiko Okada -- Sayonara Natsu Yasumi (さよなら・夏休み)
(1987) Kanako Wada -- Natsu no Mirage (夏のミラージュ)
(1987) TUBE -- Summer Dream

To go with theme of the article, one of my favorite summer Japanese songs is Melon Kinenbi's "Natsu no Yoru wa Danger!"
ReplyDeleteI have two songs I wanted to recommend to you, both from the boy group timelesz(fka Sexy Zone). The first one is "革命のDancin' night," which came out on their 2025 album, "Fam." The other song is their newest single, "消えない花火," which came out in July. For the former, it's has a bit of a city pop feel and the latter is a fireworks song, which seems fitting for this time of the year.