Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Tatsuro Yamashita -- Happy Holiday


Well, the past couple of weeks have not been the kindest to me in terms of my health. I had a small case of shingles, followed by several days of lower back pain which necessitated a visit to the doctor and then just yesterday, I ended up with a touch of stomach flu. That last ailment knocked me on my back for most of the day.

However, I'm on the mend in all departments now and currently I'm on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) to rehabilitate that large sack in my torso. Another step towards my rehabilitation? Adding another article onto the blog after a few days away. I'm going with the Xmas theme today, and so I'm introducing Tatsuro Yamashita's(山下達郎)cover of "Happy Holiday" by Bob Staunton. The song was originally a track on Yamashita's 1993 album, "Seasons Greetings", and it showcases a couple of his traits: his love for the oldies and how he likes acapella. 


When I first heard it, I had thought it was a Tats original. However, I later discovered it was a cover of a doo-wop Xmas tune by The Sherwoods in 1961. The group had actually started as a subgroup of the Cornell University Glee Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.