Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, June 24, 2022

Ginger Root -- Loneliness

 

I've done my four articles for today and usually four are my max on a Friday. However, when I was doing the fourth article on Tatsuro Yamashita's(山下達郎)"Love's On Fire", I saw a comment underneath the video which marveled at the fact that not only was Tats' latest coming out on that day, but also Ginger Root's most recent single on the same day. It was certainly a good day for that fellow.

Well, I am putting up a fifth article today because I also remember Ginger Root since I first found out about the man behind the project, Cameron Lew, almost a year ago when he gave his loving affection for City Pop and the glossy 1980s via his single "Loretta". He's come out with a new single, "Loneliness", which came out on the 22nd and will also be part of his September EP, "Nisemono"(偽物...Fake).

He even came up with the concept video for "Loneliness" as a Seiko Matsuda-like(松田聖子)aidoru named Kimiko Takeguchi in 1983 suddenly quits the business in a huff. Her now-former manager has to find a replacement singer in a panic and she forces the songwriter, namely Lew, to fill in. A new star is born and Lew relishes the fame and fortune although it's obvious that the manager and production staff are treating him more like a cash cow commodity than a human being which probably forced Takeguchi to leave in the first place. Such is show business.

Ah, feel free to catch the promotion...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.