The above picture is that of a quiet intersection in the Tameike-Sanno(溜池山王)area not too far away from the ritzy Akasaka neighbourhood. Tamaike-Sanno was one of the newer stations on the Ginza Line that got opened during my time in Tokyo and on street level, you can see that it is another heavily commercial district of companies sprinkled with some cafés, restaurants and convenience stores.
I've been a fan of Japanese popular music for 40 years, and have managed to collect a lot of material during that time. So I decided I wanted to talk about Showa Era music with like-minded fans. My particular era is the 70s and 80s (thus the "kayo kyoku"). The plus part includes a number of songs and artists from the last 30 years and also the early kayo. So, let's talk about New Music, aidoru, City Pop and enka.
Credits
I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.
Friday, March 17, 2023
Junko Ohashi -- Kokoro ni Sumenai Onna(心に住めない女)
Labels:
1976,
City Pop,
Junko Ohashi,
Namiko Saki,
New Music,
Single,
Tetsuji Hayashi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.