Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jun Yoneya -- Mizuiro Jidai (水色時代)




This was another discovery made at my anime buddy's house a few weeks ago. I had never heard of the original manga or the anime of "Mizuiro Jidai" (Aqua Age....probably Salad Days is the proper idiom here), but when my friend played the theme song on his giant airplane wing speakers, and then that soulful saxophone started blowing some sweetness, my first thought was "Is this an anime song?!" It sounded more like something from a Smooth Jazz album. Pass the mineral water, please.

There were also the rich vocals of Jun Yoneya(米屋純) which reminded me of another singer that I couldn't figure out off the top of my head. Then, I googled the song and found out none other than veteran Ami Ozaki(尾崎亜美) had written and composed "Mizuiro Jidai". The theme just sounded like Ozaki herself was singing it. This was the Fukuoka-born Yoneya's 5th single released in May 1996; she debuted in 1994 and released a total of 8 singles and 3 albums up to 1998.

Below is the opening to "Mizuiro Jidai".




7 comments:

  1. I like this song too!
    Song won't get out from my head.
    I watch this anime last year and yet i miss the song, i really love it so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there.

      Yeah, for an anime song, this is so AOR-friendly. It's really quite soothing. :)

      Delete
  2. Is there piano and flute version that can be downloaded the soundtrack music?
    Please send link thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there.

      Although I looked, unfortunately I couldn't find a downloadable copy of the soundtrack music including any piano and flute version. It seems that it's just the CD that is available at this point: https://vgmdb.net/album/23352

      Delete
    2. It's really nice ringtone
      Anyway thanks

      Delete
    3. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

      Delete
  3. The instrumental version, who have it? I have it at 2012 but youtube deleted o i don't know. I fucking love the anime and manga. But the opening is one iconic on my teenager years.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.