Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Makoto Matsushita -- September Rain


It's been about 18 months since I put up that article about Makoto Matsushita's(松下誠) smooth-as-clarified butter album, "First Light". And since it is indeed the 9th month and I'm feeling pretty mellow, I thought it was a good time as any to put up "September Rain" from the album.

I mentioned in "First Light" that I was surprised to hear how well Matsushita could channel some of the American pros in fusion and AOR like Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers. Well, with "September Rain", he actually reminds me a bit of Hiroshi Sato(佐藤博) in the way that he just slowly lets the lyrics out along with the cool music. Some fine night listening here. Would love to get my hands on the album someday in any form.


The video at the very top is the Japanese-language version while the one just above this paragraph is the English version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.