Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Ari Ozawa -- Ura-Omote Fortune (ウラオモテ・フォーチュン)


Yes, I'm going to have to stand up, put up my hand and admit that I've gotten hooked on those YouTube excerpts of "Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun"(月刊少女野崎くん...Girls' Monthly Nozaki-kun). I mean, I've already seen the entire series at my anime buddy's place but some of those scenes are just hilarious for me to re-view. Maybe I'll have to follow my friend's lead and splurge on getting the DVD set for the 2014 show.

I've already gotten into the opening theme song for the show, Masayoshi Oishi's(大石昌良)"Kimi Janakya Dame Mitai"(君じゃなきゃダメみたい)with its good-ol'-boy melody about the titular character...maybe...revealing some of his deeply hidden feelings for his assistant and friend, Chiyo Sakura, who is hopelessly in love with him.


Well, the ending theme has Sakura herself (aka seiyuu Ari Ozawa/小澤亜李) bleeding her heart out for the romantically clueless Nozaki (unless it's through the pages of the manga he draws). Titled "Ura-Omote Fortune" (Double-Edged Fortune), Ozawa in character sings about what must be going through her crush's mind...as do we all. It took me a little while to warm up to it but after listening to it a number of times on my hard drive as I slogged through my translation work, it finally burrowed and wrapped around my cerebral cortex like a Ceti Eel ("Star Trek" reference). It's all due to Ozawa's moe vocals and the chip tune melody that songwriter Hige Driver(ヒゲドライバー)is known for.


Apparently, this was Ozawa's first starring role in an anime. Very nice that she was able to hit pay dirt so early. Looking forward to any sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.