Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Kosetsu Minami -- Ano Hi no Sora yo(あの日の空よ)

 

Maybe it says something about veteran folk singer-songwriter Kosetsu Minami's(南こうせつ)April 1990 single "Ano Hi no Sora yo" (The Sky on That Day) that I could only find concert footage on YouTube rather than the original recorded version. 

I also heard it for the first time on a recent episode of "Uta Con"(うたコン)which is why I'm writing about it now. Written and composed by Minami with Shozo Ise(伊勢正三)co-writing the lyrics, I had thought that his summery paean to almighty love had been created back in the 1970s so it was with some surprise that I discovered its emergence to fans happened a couple of decades later. But it goes to show that Minami has made some wonderfully timeless singalong music since he debuted over fifty years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.