Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Yurie Kokubu -- Weekend Love


I guess that I was a tad too late to put this up for last weekend but I can still add it today since this weekend in Toronto will probably be having me burn up due to the high Humidex readings forecast.


"Weekend Love" is another track from that classic City Pop/J-AOR album "Relief 72 Hours" by the lovely chanteuse Yurie Kokubu(国分友里恵). Written by Masako Arikawa(有川正沙子)and composed by guitarist Yoshiyuki Sahashi(佐橋佳幸), this one is more on the AOR side of things with feelings of the Doobie Brothers and early Kenny Loggins. No surprise to me, it was Tetsuji Hayashi(林哲司)who took care of the arrangements along with Tadashi Yamashita(山下正).

This song definitely needs a nice sporty car and some old-fashioned Japanese pop-loving buddies who love a drive on the highway to go with it. Since I have none of either, I will just settle for listening to it on my stereo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.