Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Akemi Ishii -- Haru no Madoromi(春のまどろみ)


Welcome back to the blog, Akemi Ishii(石井明美)! It's been a while.


I found this song which shared vinyl space with Ishii's Latin jazzy "Hibiki wa tutu"(響きはtutu)and the mid-tempo title track from her 2nd album "Joy" from August 1987. "Haru no Madoromi" (Spring Slumber) was created by the wonder team of lyricist Takashi Matsumoto(松本隆)and composer Kyohei Tsutsumi(筒美京平)as this sultry song of dreaming of that Mr. Right.

To be honest, I was a bit stuck in terms of how to categorize this one since it had that hip-swiveling arrangement, but it wasn't really Latin and the instrumentation hinted at City Pop but somehow, I didn't think it quite fit in that genre, either. So, I've just put it in as a pretty cool evening pop number. I'm starting to realize that "Joy" the album has got some good variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.