Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mizue Takada -- Ai no Imagination (愛のイマジネーション)



 I'd written about her most popular song, "Watashi wa Piano"私はピアノ...I am a Piano), the Keisuke Kuwata-penned hit which got as high as No. 5 on Oricon.

"Ai no Imagination" Imagination of Love) was a bit more modest in its success, only reaching No. 36. It was Mizue Takada's(高田みづえ)13th single and the one immediately following "Watashi wa Piano". It was released in January 1981, and was written by Kazumi Yasui(安井かづみ)and composed by Kazuhiko Kato(加藤和彦).

I've always liked Takada's voice because it was high yet very smoothly flowing....kinda like spring water. I also enjoy the arrangements on "Ai wa Imagination" since it contrasts nicely with the Latin beat of "Watashi wa Piano". It just has that City Pop sense (although I wouldn't be aware of the word for many, many years) that helped to attract me to Japanese music in the first place.

The stats I got for this entry can be found on this page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.