Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Reimy -- One Day Vacation



First off, a little technical announcement. Commenter Ryan Miller remarked that he's been shut out of music163 due to some copyright hiccups on the site. I had the same situation a few months back but it resolved itself a few days later, although I seem to be suffering some slowness with its transmission recently. If any of you out there are in the same boat, I hope that things get resolved in your area.

Now, let's get away from some of the stress from that. It's been a while but here is a Reimy(麗美)tune for you. Titled "One Day Vacation", it's a love song which was written and composed by the singer-songwriter for her 1990 album, "Hashiru Soyo Kaze Tachi e" (走るそよ風たちへ...To The Gentle Breezes), a release that has been well represented on the blog through tracks such as the Xmas title track and the elegiac "Dear Tess". I just had some chamomile tea tonight to soothe the stomach; "One Day Vacation" is pretty much the same for the ears. It's not a synthed-up power pop piece or a grandly produced ballad that is ready for single release. It's simply a pleasant and intimate song that could have been performed at a cafe out in a small town...something that was a very nice characteristic for a number of Reimy's songs at the turn of the decade.


I don't really get out on vacations per se but I did enjoy a one-day vacation within a vacation last year when I was back in Japan. A couple of buddies and I got away from Tokyo for a day to Ito and spent the night at a small ryokan near the shore. If I got the same opportunity here in Toronto, I would probably head out to Niagara-on-the-Lake near the famous falls and spend the night at a nice little bed-&-breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.