Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Hidemi Ishikawa -- Stardust Train (スターダスト・トレイン)


It's been a while since I paid a visit to Hidemi Ishikawa(石川秀美), proverbial 80s aidoru. So I came across "Stardust Train", her 8th single from November 1983. Not particularly the most notable aidoru tune I've ever heard but it's pleasant enough with some of that old disco beat, and I was interested in hearing some more of her discography since all these years, I really only knew her through her photographic appearances in magazines like "Myojo" and "Heibon".


"Stardust Train" was written by Machiko Ryu(竜真知子)and composed by Daisuke Inoue(井上大輔). I couldn't find any information on how high it got on Oricon. It would be interesting to hear the original recorded version just to find out how good that horn section was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.