Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, January 22, 2021

Satoru Shionoya -- Chase for Truth

 

With the added burden of COVID-19, I gather that there are a lot of folks out there who really want to flee like scampering antelope away from winter as far and as fast as possible. Someday, they can head off to warmer climes such as Florida or Hawaii.

Apologies but I cannot help you with your travel logistics. However, perhaps what I can do is provide some appropriate music to assist in your imaginings of those heavenly areas. As I did with my last Satoru Shionoya(塩谷哲)article, I've got another track from his "SALT III" album of 1997.

Unfortunately, I keep thinking of bilateral missile treaties when I see that title, but otherwise, there is some comfortable music with the pianist's album. "Chase for Truth" has oodles of heat and refreshing summery cocktails within Shionoya's virtuoso playing and Latin beat. I've said it at least once before and I'll say it again, but whenever I see his name in liner notes, I automatically take notice and look forward to the arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.