Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Minami Kuribayashi -- Kaze no Yukue (風のゆくえ)


As I told before, I have a big crush on Minami Kuribayashi (栗林みな実). Crush-wise, she only loses to Megumi Hayashibara (林原めぐみ). And yes, I have a crush on Megumi even if she is a forty eight years old woman now. Back to Kuribayashi, I’d like to enjoy her songs as much as I like her, but I confess I’m having a good amount of success on that lately.

Today, though, I’m talking about an old favorite, the beautiful “Kaze no Yukue”, which was released as Minami’s second single, alongside “yours”, in February 2003.

“Kaze no Yukue” is kind of a forgotten single in Kuribayashi’s discography, and it’s a pity because the song is quite nice. Personally, I like the vulnerable vibe of the song with the strings (fake or not) and all the keyboards. As for Minami, even though not very experienced at the time, she delivered an emotional and fragile performance, just like the song required.

Since the beginning of her career in the anime industry, Minami Kuribayashi is known for singing themes for adult-oriented games, and that’s the case with "Kaze no Yukue", as it was used as the opening theme for the game “Kimi ga Nozomu Eien” (君が望む永遠).

The “Kaze no Yukue/yours” single reached #68 on the Oricon charts. Lyrics and music were composed by Minami Kuribayashi herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.